Alcoholics Anonymous Red Deer & Area Events
(click on events to see associated poster)
Speaker Meetings last Monday of each month at Happy Hour Group 5:15 PM – 4310 – 39 Street Red Deer
Other Speaker Meetings with location
Red Deer AA Noon Group – In Person – Saturdays 12:00 PM
In person meeting is on Saturdays only
*Please Review Noon Group COVID policies (click each page) – Page 1 – Page 2
Location: Kaylor Building 4917-48th Street (downstairs)
Online meetings will still take place
Monday Night Men’s Group is excited to announce we will resume in person meetings Mondays at Sunnybrook! 12 Stanton Street 7:30 PM.
*To maintain compliance with Alberta Health Services and Sunnybrook United Church we must do the following as agreed to through group conscience regarding re-entry of building.
1. Please bring a mask as it must be worn from the entrance of the church to the basement meeting room. (if you don’t have one, we have disposable masks purchased for use) The Mask can be removed for the meeting, but must be put back on to exit the basement area thru to the main Church door upstairs.
2. Social distancing must be maintained at all times.
3. Contact tracing information must be recorded and kept on file for a minimum of two weeks. If you become ill please contact us immediately.
4. The downstairs basement is designated for our use.
5. Please bring your own beverage as we are not allowed to serve coffee and tea yet.
6. Please use the alcohol-free hand sanitizer upon entering the main door. It will be located to the left.
7. Current maximum room capacity is 50 persons.
Red Deer Sober Hikers will meet July 11 at 10:30 AM
-call (587)377-1117 for more information
Sylvan Tuesday Night Serenity Group 7:30 PM
*In person meetings
Sanitization will be done in the hall
All attendees will need to sign a sheet with name and contact info.
Masks must be worn. If you do not have one, one will be provided for you
No beverages or food will be supplied
Bring your own drinks
Monday Happy Hour Group 5:15 PM Every Monday
*In person social distance meeting at 4310 39th Street – bring your own chair depending on weather (online available as well)
Native American Indian Alcoholics Anonymous Convention – November 26-29
Golden Nugget, Las Vegas
Area Service Events
The area service events listed here normally occur on the 3rd weekend of the month, unless that weekend is considered a holiday weekend.
Area Committee Meeting (ACM) – January
Composed of District Committee Members, Committee Chairs, and Table Officers. Any AA member is welcome to attend as a visitor (visitors cannot vote). Serves as a steering committee for the Spring Assembly.
Spring Assembly – March
For 2020 Due to COVID-19 Concerns.
The March Assembly is also known as the “Pre-Conference Assembly.” Business is restricted to consideration of items that the Delegate must cover in advance of attending the General Service Conference and site selection of the next year’s Area Committee Meetings.
Area Committee Meeting (ACM) – May
Composed of District Committee Members, Committee Chairs, and Table Officers. Any AA member is welcome to attend as a visitor (visitors cannot vote). Serves as a steering committee for the fall Assembly.
Fall Assembly – September
In odd number years the Fall Assembly is also known as the Election Assembly. Like the spring assembly, it is for the Table Officers, Committee Chairs, General Service Representatives (GSRs) or their Alternate, District Committee Members (DCMs) or their Alternate, to take care of Area 78 business. Interested AA members are welcome to attend, but cannot vote.